Planning Ahead for Tests
- Be prepared by reviewing and studying your subjects well in advance.
- Never wait until the week before or the day before a test to begin studying because your brain can not put a lot of information in it at once.
- If you wear glasses to read, don’t leave the house without them!
- Get a good night’s rest every night and especially the night before a test. (No sneaking tv or video games!) Not getting enough rest makes your body tired and your brain slow down. You need to be awake and alert to do your best!
- Eat a healthy breakfast each morning, especially the day of a test. Never skip breakfast! If your body doesn’t get any good food, your brain won’t be able to work as best it can. It’s just like putting fuel in a car. Think of yourself as a race car and you need the best fuel to win the race!
- Eat a healthy dinner the night before a test. It’s just as important to have a good dinner as it is to have a good breakfast.
- Wear some comfortable clothes. Think ahead to wear your most comfortable clothes, so you feel as relaxed as you can on test day.
- Study in different ways. Try to study using flash cards, study buddies like your friends or family members, or by yourself. Studying in different ways helps you remember better.